Jay Chow or Jay Chou (traditional Chinese: 周杰倫, simplified Chinese: 周杰伦, pinyin: Zhōu Ji?l?n, January 18, 1979-) is a popular Taiwanese musician specializing in R&B and rap.
Born in a single-parent family, Jay is a bit shy and quiet. When he was young, he showed his interested in music. He began to learn to play the piano when he was 3. Later, at the age of 16, he started to write songs for other singers. A few years later, he himself became a singer.
In 2000, he released his first album "Jay", which gained great attention among the Chinese-speaking community, including Mainland China, Taiwan, Hong Kong etc., that put him into the top pop star position among Chinese-speaking community.
- Nickname: Director Chou (周董)
- Place of Birth: Taipei, Taiwan
- Chinese Zodiac: Year of the Horse
- Height: 1.73 m (5 ft 8 in)
- Languages: Mandarin, Taiwanese
- Education: 1997 High school (music major)
- Weird habit: Doesn't like wearing underwear
- Strengths: Compose, write songs and play basketball
- Music instruments: Piano, cello, guitar, jazz drum
- Favourite sports: Basketball, exercise, practise nun-chuks
- Slogan: Diao bu diao (屌不屌) - means "Is it cool or not". However, the character "diao" originally represents the reproductive organ of a man. This word is sometimes considered "unclean".
- Family situation: Only son, Father (Biology teacher), Mother (Middle *School fine arts teacher)
- Friends in the industry: Luo Zhi Xiang (Xiao Zhu), Liu Geng Hong
- Dream when he was little: To be Bruce Lee
- First love: The girl in next door's class in High School
- The type of girl he likes: Long haired, oval face, classic beauty
- Person he is most thankful to: Jacky Wu
- Best writing partner: Vincent Fang
- Most respected people: maternal grandmother, mother, father
- Favourite comic: Doraemon
- Favourite movie: Any cartoon by Miyazaki Hayao
- Favourite music: R&B and hip-hop (actually he likes any kind of music)
- Favourite clothing: Natural, comfortable, hip-hop (Simple T-shirt and *shorts, not much different to people on the street)
- Favourite food: Fried chicken, anything to do with chicken steak and *chicken (he especially likes Hong Kong Tai Ping Guan's Swiss chicken wings), also he likes to drink sweet things
- Favourite musicians: Frederick Chopin, Li Si Te, Yo-Yo Ma
- Favourite actor/actress: Jet Li
- Favourite basketball Player: Michael Jordan
- Favourite artist: Usher, Babyface
- Most want to visit place: The feeling of France is very romantic, but if there's a chance he'll go to Shanghai or Beijing
- Good qualities: Strong ability to compose songs and write lyrics. The new e-generation musician
- Ambition: Travel to every corner of the world
- Jay dislikes about himself: He is shy and soft-hearted
- Favourite things: Cap, different kinds of musical instrument, African American music|black peoples' music, silverware, chewing gum
- Collects: sports shoes, caps and different metal plates (door plates, license plates and commercial boards)
- Hobbies: Writing songs, watch film|movies, play basketball, play video games
- Work experience: 1997 DW Cuisine of Italy|Italian restaurant piano player
- Ambition before releasing an album: Piano teacher, music in movies
- First lyrics and composition: In high school, song was called "Everlasting"
- First published song: "Three Nights, Three Days"
- Jay Album (杰倫專輯, Ji?l?n zhuānj?, November 1, 2000)
- Fantasy (范特西, f?nt?xī, September 20, 2001)
- Fantasy Plus (December 21, 2001)
- Nun-Chuks (April 9, 2002)
- Partners (拍檔, pāid?ng, April 26, 2002)
- The Eight Dimensions (八度空間, bād? kōngjiān, July 19, 2002)
- The One Live CD (October 28, 2002)
- Ye Huimei (葉惠美, Y? Hu?měi, July 31, 2003, this album is in honor of Chow's mother, Ye Huimei)
- Hidden Track EP (尋找周杰倫 EP, x?nzhǎo Zhōu Ji?l?n, November 12, 2003)
- Qi Li Xiang (七里香, qīlǐxiāng, August 3, 2004
- Incomparable Concert (Lun Yu Lun Bi) LIVE CD, VCD, DVD...
- Jolin Tsai, "Taiwan's No.1 female singer" (?? Maybe she and Jay will be together...)Image:jolin1mm.jpg|thumb|Jolin Tsai,in Magic album
Jay had like Jolin before and he had has the comedian, wu-cong-xian to match-make them. It was the day they had met, wu-cong-xian introduce them to each other, and Jolin asked Jay for his number, at that time, Jay was living in his company, so Jay answered "No" and shyly walk away, wu-cong-xian knew they were comfortable with each other by then.
- Patty Hou, "Taiwan's No.1 female news anchor" (ex-girlfriend, broke up on 21-02-05)Image:498.jpg|thumb|Patty Hou,a news anchor of ERA in Taiwan
When Jay and Patty were together, Patty's mama reject them to be together, and even tore their pictures which were taken when they go out together in Japan, but Jay's grandma allow him to be with her, and even suggest that they be married after 2 years of togetherness... But not even 1 year (9 months) of togtherness, they broke up, which was one day after they were caught, steady...
(Jay had fall in love with Patty in 2004/March. And Jolin had told him to be quick in action)
- http://www.jay-chou.net Jay-Chou.net
- http://jaychoustudio.com/jaychoustudio/index.html Jay Chou Studio
This article is licensed under the
GNU Free Documentation License. It uses material from the
Wikipedia article "Jay Chow".
||Last Modified: 2005-03-09